Examples of the work we support can be found on this site. The charity’s funding priorities are outlined below, although we are always open to new and innovative ideas that could help improve oral health through the prevention of oral diseases.
Our priorities include:
- Population-based programmes that are targeted at the areas of greatest need and will help reduce inequalities, within and between countries
- Health needs assessments, particularly where surveys are used to inform the review and development of oral health policies / strategies
- Research focused on the improvement of population oral health through the prevention of oral diseases
We are particularly interested in:
- The use of fluorides in the prevention of dental caries, including their use in milk and milk products
- The prevention of oral disease through the improvement of diet and nutrition
- The use of kindergarten and school settings to promote oral health
- Preventing early childhood caries
- Strengthening the design of studies for the evaluation of community-based programmes
- Training and education.