Our present priorities include:
- Population-based programmes that are targeted at the areas of greatest need and will help reduce inequalities, within and between countries;
- Health needs assessments, particularly where surveys are used to inform the review and development of oral health policies / strategies
- The use of fluorides in the prevention of dental caries, including their use in milk and milk products;
- The prevention of oral disease through the improvement of diet and nutrition;
- The use of kindergarten and school settings to promote oral health;
- Early childhood caries (ECC);
- Strengthening the design of studies for the evaluation of community-based programmes;
- Research into the above;
- Training and education in population oral health.
In particular we provide support to:
- Government departments / agencies for the implementation and evaluation of sustainable population-based prevention programmes;
- Academic institutes to undertake research;
- Dental associations / organisations that promote dental public health and oral health research.
- Other charities, NGOs etc. that share common objectives with the Foundation