With the focus firmly on prevention, the Foundation’s commitment to research remains strong. We are providing grants to leading academic institutes to undertake either clinical studies, laboratory investigations or population research.
Our support covers a variety of research activities including:
- Investigating the effectiveness of fluoridated milk
- A RCT to measure the effectiveness of health promotion messages
- Improving the diagnosis of the more common developmental defects of enamel
- Assessing the validity of biomarkers to monitor fluoride exposure
- Identifying the evidence for addressing socioeconomic inequalities in child oral health
- A systematic review of population-based oral health birth cohort studies
- Evaluating the ‘readiness’ of organisations to work with digital oral health
- Investigating several aspects of ECC including the effects of SECC on malnutrition / stunting
- Scoping reviews which consider, the evidence for, upstream interventions to promote oral health and reduce inequalities, and the use of different fluoride biomarkers in community- based programmes.
You may like to read more about some of the ongoing and recent studies that we have supported. Details of the publications resulting from studies supported by the charity can also be found on this site.
We would be pleased to hear from anyone who may be interested in applying for a grant.